quescan builder be punished for poor structure

I am holding a shop in a commercial complex in surat , and the complex is about 15-20 years of age. But the structure of our complex is very weak and many a time it happened that some ceiling or some part of the staircase or the front elevation falls down. Till now no casualty has occurred. but our building value has become poor. Now can the builder or the structual engineer or any other person be held liable for this structure ? the builder has handed over the administration powers to the society . can he be driven to the court or not?

• ansWho is in management of the building? Ask him to repair the same asap. If any mishap occurs out of this, the person holding management of the building will be held responsible and you must communicate this to him. If this is not enough to make him repair the dangerous portion then file a proceeding u/s 133 crpc.