quescan builder be punished for poor structure

I am holding a shop in a commercial complex in surat , and the complex is about 15-20 years of age. But the structure of our complex is very weak and many a time it happened that some ceiling or some part of the staircase or the front elevation falls down. Till now no casualty has occurred. but our building value has become poor. Now can the builder or the structual engineer or any other person be held liable for this structure ? the builder has handed over the administration powers to the society . can he be driven to the court or not?

  • ansWho is in management of the building? Ask him to repair the same asap. If any mishap occurs out of this, the person holding management of the building will be held responsible and you must communicate this to him. If this is not enough to make him repair the dangerous portion then file a proceeding u/s 133 crpc.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello Sir, I need a guidance regarding a criminal case,police has arrested one of my…
 Ek ladki suicide kar li aur suicide note me ek ladke aur meri sister ka…
Sir an false FIR under section 384 of IPC was Lodged on 23rd January 2016…
There is a man who is into narcotics supply and he is my enemy and…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly