Can an accused advocate defend himself from jail?
If a lawyer is in jail on the charges of corruption of false evidences, can his superintendent allow him to fight a case for other on special grounds?
No he cannot unless the permission from court is secured by the lawyer. The jailor cannot allow any under trial to leave the jail, with or without security, unless there is a judicial sanction in this regard.
The fact that the undertrial is a lawyer does not entitle him to any privileges inside the jail. Only a court of law is competent to adjudicate whether such a privilege can be extended to him.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Non payment of assured return by builder nor paying any attention
- Can Compassionate Appointment be given to the widow by state govt
- Paternal Grand Father biased to share his property with my family
- How to prove distribution of land w/o having distribution certificate?
- Cheque got bounced what legal action can i take