×

quesCan an accused advocate defend himself from jail?

If a lawyer is in jail on the charges of corruption of false evidences, can his superintendent allow him to fight a case for other on special grounds?

• ansNo he cannot unless the permission from court is secured by the lawyer. The jailor cannot allow any under trial to leave the jail, with or without security, unless there is a judicial sanction in this regard.

The fact that the undertrial is a lawyer does not entitle him to any privileges inside the jail. Only a court of law is competent to adjudicate whether such a privilege can be extended to him.