Can an accused advocate defend himself from jail?
If a lawyer is in jail on the charges of corruption of false evidences, can his superintendent allow him to fight a case for other on special grounds?
No he cannot unless the permission from court is secured by the lawyer. The jailor cannot allow any under trial to leave the jail, with or without security, unless there is a judicial sanction in this regard.
The fact that the undertrial is a lawyer does not entitle him to any privileges inside the jail. Only a court of law is competent to adjudicate whether such a privilege can be extended to him.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to take propertection against False dowry and others cases
- I am in love with other guy, need divorce from husband. Please advise.
- Property inheritance for my aunt and mom from grandma property
- Procedure and documents for legal heir certificate
- Harassed by husband how can I file for divorce