Can accused person re-apply for a passport
My friend is an accused under Section 67 in The Information Technology Act, 2000 for sending cheap messages to a girl online. He currently attends the cases against him and the case is still not resolved.
His passport expired and he wants to reapply for passport renewal. Can he apply for same? Is it mandatory to fill all the details of the pending case in the passport form.
He can certainly apply for renewal of passport, but the renewal application may in all likelihood be rejected as he is facing a criminal trial. It is mandatory for him to furnish information with respect to the pendency of the criminal case against him. A background check is also conducted through the police.
Concealment of information regarding the pendency of a criminal case will expose him to a further prosecution under the penal laws. If passport office rejects the application for renewal, then he may apply to the court which is seized of the matter.
Related IPC Sections
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Got job in a PSU, but i was jailed for 4-5 days. Any problem in job?
- What documents and procedure and time to marry a foreign citizen?
- how to get a muslim divorce
- Defective mobile received from online portal now not ready to replace
- Can husband still file for divorce if I am not wiling to divorce him?