quesCan accused person re-apply for a passport

My friend is an accused under Section 67 in The Information Technology Act, 2000 for sending cheap messages to a girl online. He currently attends the cases against him and the case is still not resolved.

His passport expired and he wants to reapply for passport renewal. Can he apply for same? Is it mandatory to fill all the details of the pending case in the passport form.

  • ansHe can certainly apply for renewal of passport, but the renewal application may in all likelihood be rejected as he is facing a criminal trial. It is mandatory for him to furnish information with respect to the pendency of the criminal case against him. A background check is also conducted through the police.

    Concealment of information regarding the pendency of a criminal case will expose him to a further prosecution under the penal laws. If passport office rejects the application for renewal, then he may apply to the court which is seized of the matter.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

My vehicle seized by pso in various offices.... How can i release it from court
Furniture and other materials have been kept in parking area blocking smooth passage for entry…
It's an bail application which was filed on 2 Feb 2017...But till today date my…
I am a witness of a case/ complainant of a case which happened 6 yrs…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly