quesCan a women take legal action even after giving consent for sex?

I was in a friend with benefits arrangement with a Divorcee. I am unmarried, and she is 5 years older to me, both Hindu. I made it very clear that I will never marry her since the beginning, and neither I want a child, and she had given her consent for that. Both of us were not living in our hometowns.


After this consent, we had unprotected intercourse. After that, I moved out of the city, and now live in different part of the country, whereas she is still living in the old city (which is not her hometown). 8 weeks have passed, and she has'nt informed me of any pregnancy yet.


Can she take legal action?


  • ans


    Yes, she can take a legal action against you. She can file a criminal complaint under Section 375 and Section 417 of Indian Penal Code. Section 375 of the Indian Penal Code defines rape as "sexual intercourse with a woman against her will, without her consent, by coercion, misrepresentation or fraud or at a time when she has been intoxicated or duped, or is of unsound mental health and in any case if she is under 16 years of age and Section 417 deals with cheating.


    Hence she can state in her complaint that you coaxed her to have sex with you and that you promised her that you would soon marry her. In spite of the fact that she expressed reluctance to have sex before marriage, you coerced her to submit to you advances. 


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.         



  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband have done 2nd marriage without giving me divorce I have 2children Girl aged…
What is the sentence term when a minor commits two murders simulataneously?
A Govt. Servant woman, married an already married man. The man has a wife and…

My mothers runs a beauty parlour in mussoorie lbsna academy campus. One lady officer trainee…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly