quesCan a person put CCTV camera without permission?

my neighbor has installed a CCTV camera on the back side of his house facing my Entrance Gate. i run a clinic and my patients and myself have a problem with this. he has not taken any permission. how can i proceed

  • ansActually nothing is clear from your facts whether yours is society,apartment,or independent house still let me advice you that if it is harming your privacy then you should immediately inform the same in writing to your local police station and still if it doesn't work then you can initiate a legal processin the courts of law by issuing legal notice against him.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansyes, you can file civil suit to prevent your neighbour from using the cctv for recording the movement of people !

    No body can obstruct or peep into any other person's privacy!

    you can also file criminal complaint after taking proper legal consutlation

  • ansThere is not necessary to take permission, however if any part of your premises is covering in the footage then you may take objection. In that case he should have to adjust his camera to such extent that only his premises shall be covered.

    Advocate Uday Jadhav

      Bibvewadi, Pune

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have filed a complaint against three person who are engaged in some scam and…
In Hindu Marriage usually gifts such as jewelry and other expensive items are gifted to…

What is the punishment for accidentally killing someone in india?

I was in a relationship with an army officer for 3 yrs he promised marriage…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly