Can a person face action for giving fake matrimonial ad in newspaper?
I want to check if any action can be taken against a person who has published a fake matrimonial ad in a local newspaper for his daughter. I know the person and he has no daughter so the ad is fake where he has just mentioned his phone number. If yes, then what action can be taken?
Yes, you can take action against such person who is furnishing such false information.
As per our understanding the person furnishing false information wants to cheat and deceive people.
Now regarding your query,
You can file a FIR at the nearest police station under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Negligent driver ran over my son what action can I take
- Gave life threat to neighbour during a heated discussion with him.
- Builder made two written agreements for same property
- Bail under IPC 354D, 500 AND 120B.
- Father wants to give property to sons only what can daughters do?