Can a false harassment case be filed based only on online chatting
Hi, this is about an online chatting. I suggested a girl not to waste time in online chatting and study instead.
She took it otherwise and started saying that I was harassing her, which was completely false. I repeatedly told her to utilize her time in studies, but she kept on using the word harassment.
Unfortunately, I could not save the chat log. Can she file a harassment case against me. I did not abuse her, I did not say anything vulgar. Still I am a little worried.
If you have not used any pornography or any other unwelcome verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature or any sexual favors then she cannot file a harassment case against you.
But if you have used any of the above mentioned words or gestures then she can take action against you under the Indian Penal Code.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to file a patent application
- How can I get income certificate when there is no source of income
- Charged for unauthorized absence in two parts is it double jeopardy
- Builder Project not completed what legal action can i take
- can i change my name in land records as my official name is different