quesBrother missing for 7 years. What should we do?

My brother has been missing for 7 years now. He was working in a factory in noida. Initially no FIR was registered. Now i want to know that can i file an FIR now? What else should i do?

  • ans

    In your case,

    Initially you could have lodged a missing person report.

    Since the period of 7 years have passed, now police will not entertain to file a missing person report.

    Our advise to you is that,

    you may put an advertisement in the local and national newspaper.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Please info me How convince executed if accused (A1) absconding Will argument done and punishment…
Sir mere problem is parkar hai ki 376 aur posco ka case polish n kiya…
A central government officer (scientific secretary)has verbally ordered his under officer to prepare a false…
hello wud like to know if theft and illegal possession is cognizable offence For illegal…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly