booked under IPC 306 but decision not being given by court
I have been booked under section 306 because a close friend of mine committed suicide and her family members held me responsible for the same. Initially there was no evidence found but after 25 days, they managed to created a suicide note (God knows from where have they obtained the same).Beside that note, there is no other evidence. Consequently I was arrested and got bail from high court and the case is pending in the trial court since 2013. Till date no witness has come to court for testimony not even the complainant (her family). What should I do in this situation? Can the case be closed on this basis that there is no one to available to depose against me? I am a student and has completed my studies but this case is obstructing me in getting job.
You can apply to the Court to issue bailable warrants against the witnesses, and if they do not attend even on bailable warrants then you can apply for issuance of non-bailable warrants.
Also apply for report of a handwriting expert for proving that the alleged suicide note was written by your friend.
Advocate Sandeep NaikRajendra Nagar, Indore
AS the matter is pending since 2013. you need to speak to the lawyer to move appropriate applications and get the matter dismissed form the lower court. you can also file an application under section 482 Cr. PC in the High Court for quashing of the FIR.
Advocate Siddhant SharmaGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can Son in law get father in law's job after his death
- Family property problem what to do
- Is any limit on Number of Cheques to be considered in one Notice?
- Harassment by in laws and forcing for divorce
- Court fee for Declaration of title of agricultural land