Bigamy service of a Govt. Servant can be affected?
A Govt. Servant woman, married an already married man. The man has a wife and two children. If the first wife would take any legal action,will there be any problem in service of second wife?
Bigamy is impermissible. A person who marries during the existence of his first marriage is guilty of bigamy which carries an imprisonment of up to 7 years.
The first wife can file a criminal case against her husband. If the first wife can prove that the second wife was aware of the existence of the first marriage of the husband then she too can be enmeshed in the rigors of law.
Since the second wife is a government servant she may be punished at the culmination of a disciplinary action initiated by the government on the complaint of the first wife.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company sent legal notice for resigning without informing
- All the property is in my mother's name can my father & brothers claim
- Private bank seized my saving account without informing me
- Converting from hindu to muslim how to get documents
- Gift deed in sister's name should I take witness sign before buying