quesBigamy service of a Govt. Servant can be affected?

A Govt. Servant woman, married an already married man. The man has a wife and two children. If the first wife would take any legal action,will there be any problem in service of second wife?

  • ansBigamy is impermissible. A person who marries during the existence of his first marriage is guilty of bigamy which carries an imprisonment of up to 7 years.

    The first wife can file a criminal case against her husband. If the first wife can prove that the second wife was aware of the existence of the first marriage of the husband then she too can be enmeshed in the rigors of law.

    Since the second wife is a government servant she may be punished at the culmination of a disciplinary action initiated by the government on the complaint of the first wife.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

this is to inform you that my wife has filed dowry case in utter pradesh…
My father had touched me inappropriately under the influence of alcohol and i had filed…
My case is that I was in a relationship with a Muslim guy for 4…

my friend was br manager in nationalised bank, he misappropriated amount of rs.6 lacs in…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly