Arrested by police.
If someone give wrong compliant in police station, based on these police also came to know that compliant is fake & fabricated to take revenge on person, by knowing also inspector in charge of some other area was sanded two constables to house to bring the person to police station. The person was refused to come to police station stating that we had not done any wrong thing or crime, Then inspectors came to house and threaten to take severe action, and asked why you donâ€™t come to police station, when I was called you. After that person gone to police station and case was compromised and inspector taken some bribe amount. In this case I want to know legally, whether we had to go to police station when ever police ask to come to police station for not doing any crime, what is the actual procedure.
Yes police officer has power to seek attendance before himself any person who appears to be acquainted with the facts and circumstances of the case, and such person shall attend as so required as per section 160(1) Crpc . In your case police had taken bribe for compromise of false complainant, you must report to SP about when and how much police had taken from you and inform Vigilance Department to take action against this errant Official.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to claim compensation for closure of a franchise
- how an adult gets his reservation under obc for a govt job
- Validity of promise to marry given on stamp paper
- Person started godown in residential area causing health issues
- Delay in construction of flat what action can I take