quesAm a bank employee. M i liable to pay back for money taken by fraud?

I am working in a bank, one day a man with fake passbook and withdrawl form with signature approximately matching with that of account holder came and I made a payment of Rs. 25,000 to him. A few days later the original Account holder came and registered a complaint.


That fraudster again came to the bank to withdraw Rs. 40,000 and got caught. FIR was registered but case is in his favour now, CCTV footage was not seen by the judge and now I have to give the amount from my pocket.


What should I do?


  • ans

    In this case you can defend yourself from paying the amount, since there is no lack of diligence and the Hon'ble Court acquitted the person because the person was not found guilty and hence, you cannot be made liable, as the person whom you paid has been found to be 'Not Guilty'. 


    Since this proves that no offence has been committed, hence you are not liable to pay the amount.


    In case the bank insists on you paying the amount, you must reply by requesting the bank to file an appeal in the higher court against the decision of the lower court citing non admittance and acceptance of valid case evidence (CCTV footage) by the lower court as the ground for appeal.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

My friend is an accused in a false cheating case. The police man asking rs30000…
I work as an agent in Delhi and a factory person filed a false fir…
My gf had got married and she have problems with her husband.now girl family always…
If my ABA is pending and i dont surrender when called upon by the police,…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly