ques accused in suicide of sister in law

I live in overseas last 4 year as permanent resident. my parents and my brother's family live in India. Some days before my brother's wife committed suicide. And my brother in law put case against my brother and mother. He got arrested on 17/5. They put section 306 on him. They need me over there. Please tell me if I go there. Can they put my name in FIR . And first hearing is done . Because I have so many responsibility here and I can't avoid it as well. Please suggest me what should I do. And that would be safe to me to go there.

  • ansFirst check whether your are named as co-accused in the FIR or not and if you are named then you have no option but to take bail preferably anticipatory bail for which your personal attendance is required.

    If you are not named then you have nothing to worry and you are not in hurry to come back India.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

One person literally harrasing me to do what he is saying and he is threatening…

The said F.I.R. has been lodged by the husband of my sister under the order…

Hi, I have case pending in Bangalore for some years. Recently the chargesheet was filed.…

How can I safeguard myself against my wife who wants to file an FIR based…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly