ques2 year imprisonment under 498 A on family

A case under section 498 A has been filed against me, my father in law, brother in law and my mother in law. We all have been sentenced to 2 years on imprisonment. My spouse has also been punished against the same section. How can we fight against this case?

  • ansNow that you have been held guilty by the court and sentenced to imprisonment there is no legal remedy except to file an appeal in the High Court challenging your conviction by the court. The details of case are required to provide a better strategy.

    All you can do, based on the limited facts stated above, is to file an appeal in the High Court.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 498 - Enticing or taking away or detaining with criminal intent a married woman
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can any body who is not the Disciplinary Authority issue Charge Sheet ?
Iam complaint in the police station they take the case and book the Fir but…
i am cook works for foreigners in Delhi. they abuse me a lot and abuse…
Due to threanting of her parents a vysya lady(from highly influential family) filled case on…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate S.K Prabhakar Shetty

  Vidhana Soudha
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly