Would a public trust be exempt from service tax and vat?
We want to set up a trust which online sells organic vegetables, fruits and other produce. Small percentage of the money paid by customer goes towards maintenance of the site. Would such a public trust be exempt from service tax and vat
Notification No. 25/2012 dated 20th June 2012 exempts from whole of service tax services provided by charitable trusts registered under Section 12AA of the Income-tax Act, 1961 by way of charitable activities.
But a broad analysis of this notification and all other service tax provisions reveals that all services provided by such charitable trusts are not exempt.
Please refer the notification. As per the said notification, your services will not fall in such catagory.
Further VAT is a subject matter of State, so you will have to specify the State and then we will be able to address your query
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Mother wants to sell the house but son not giving property papers
- What remedy do i have at HC or SC by way or writ or SLP
- Forged photocopy document submitted in documents no action taken yet
- Planning to buy BDA plot is it safe to build a bungalow on it
- Regarding Proportation of House Land if not mentioned in Will