Would a public trust be exempt from service tax and vat?
We want to set up a trust which online sells organic vegetables, fruits and other produce. Small percentage of the money paid by customer goes towards maintenance of the site. Would such a public trust be exempt from service tax and vat
Notification No. 25/2012 dated 20th June 2012 exempts from whole of service tax services provided by charitable trusts registered under Section 12AA of the Income-tax Act, 1961 by way of charitable activities.
But a broad analysis of this notification and all other service tax provisions reveals that all services provided by such charitable trusts are not exempt.
Please refer the notification. As per the said notification, your services will not fall in such catagory.
Further VAT is a subject matter of State, so you will have to specify the State and then we will be able to address your query
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Married in arya samaj mandir is it a legal marriage
- Any taxes to be paid to transfer funds from UAE for my business?
- Whether divorce on Stamp paper rs.100 is valid Can i remarry
- Early hearing application rejected in December. When again to apply?
- Debit card stolen what action can i take