×

quesThreatened to be killed and kidnapped what to do

I'm working with a MNC and posted in a town near Bihar border for a sales stint. I was threatened to be killed and kidnapped by a third party employee. I've been asked to go home till the situation isn't under control. Im scared to go back to such locations. I would want to work in a office setting. Is it valid if I ask the company to not send me back to such places and give me a role in the office as I feel I'm mentally tortured ?

• ansWhen there is a threat to life while performing your official duties you being an employee are well within your rights to ask your employer to not send you to any such location where your life in jeopardy. You should tell your immediate seniors about the same and denied to join any location where your life under threat. In case you are fired by your company for not joining even, there is a risk to your life you should take your company to Labour Court. Your company should have filed and FIR against those people to threaten you while working for your company. This is a negligence on behalf of your Company.

Advocate Vaibhav Choudhary

Kalkaji, Delhi

• ansSure. Please disclose all information to your company HR. Would also suggest you file an FIR against the person who threatened you and send a copy of FIR to your HR. The company will act as per the HR policy.

Advocate Joydeep Nath

Sheikh Sarai, Delhi