Threatened to be killed and kidnapped what to do
I'm working with a MNC and posted in a town near Bihar border for a sales stint. I was threatened to be killed and kidnapped by a third party employee. I've been asked to go home till the situation isn't under control. Im scared to go back to such locations. I would want to work in a office setting. Is it valid if I ask the company to not send me back to such places and give me a role in the office as I feel I'm mentally tortured ?
When there is a threat to life while performing your official duties you being an employee are well within your rights to ask your employer to not send you to any such location where your life in jeopardy. You should tell your immediate seniors about the same and denied to join any location where your life under threat. In case you are fired by your company for not joining even, there is a risk to your life you should take your company to Labour Court. Your company should have filed and FIR against those people to threaten you while working for your company. This is a negligence on behalf of your Company.
Advocate Vaibhav ChoudharyKalkaji, Delhi
Sure. Please disclose all information to your company HR. Would also suggest you file an FIR against the person who threatened you and send a copy of FIR to your HR. The company will act as per the HR policy.
Advocate Joydeep NathSheikh Sarai, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Land occupied by housing board not received compensation
- Transferring Parental Property
- Tenant not in India and agreement expired am how to vacate
- Road to my plot captured by neighbors what action can I take
- Uncle trying to take grandfather's property after his death