Responsibility on employer for misconduct of employees
If an employer X employs Y to perform duties on his behalf that involve customer interaction, then will X be responsible for any mischief done by Y while on duty. For e.g. if Y misbehaves with cutomers of X or causes mental or financial damage to the customer then how much liability comes on X ? This is assuming the case where Y was properly trained by X and also instructed on his limits while interacting with the customers.
Initially we would like to review the contract of employment.
But in general,
Under the Indian Contract Act,
the principal is liable for the act of the agent done in course of his duty.
Both the agent and principal are liable jointly and severally for the misconduct by the agent in course of his duty.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Father given all rights to second wife and their children what to do
- If I file for divorce mutually will I get the child custody?
- Online shopping misleading and false promise what action can I take
- Cheating by boyfriend and sex on fake promise to marry
- Can my sister ask for the share in my Fathers Self Acquired property?