Need to remove partner from partnership firm
I started a new business in partnership using a MOU with a person who promised to bring funds worth 10 crore for my new project. He failed to get the money. I've heard that if I remove him as my business partner, he may file a legal case against me and then I won't be able to take a loan. The MOU only covers our profits ratio and long term association. How best can I handle this situation to remove him as my partner?
MOU is used exclusively to gauge the intention of the transacting parties before a deal is officially signed between the parties and doesn't grant either of them any rights, unless there is monetary exchange mentioned in it. In your case, the MOU is not enforceable legally and you may terminate it.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Plot area not per the agreement
- Builder refusing to register the flat what can I do
- How to file for custody of child
- Gave letter to withdraw resignation. Served me resignation acceptance.
- Can I get bail if I have been booked under Sec 307,325,148,149,506 IPC