×

quesLegal implications of renting CD's in India

We want to start a website in Delhi that enables us to rent out video games and movie DVD's all over India. However, the disc says strictly that renting theses discs are not allowed. But these kind of portal are already running successfully in many countries like USA, UK, Australia. Is it legal to do this in India?

• ansAs per the information provided by you, if the disc says that renting out these CD's are not allowed then the best legal recourse is to obtain permission from the manufacturer to avoid legal complications in future.