Legal implications of renting CD's in India
We want to start a website in Delhi that enables us to rent out video games and movie DVD's all over India. However, the disc says strictly that renting theses discs are not allowed. But these kind of portal are already running successfully in many countries like USA, UK, Australia. Is it legal to do this in India?
As per the information provided by you, if the disc says that renting out these CD's are not allowed then the best legal recourse is to obtain permission from the manufacturer to avoid legal complications in future.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Who will own the land and terrace if I purchase a floor in a building
- What do I need to pay if i I file for mutual divorce?
- What is the validity of an unregistered agreement can I ask interest
- Possibility of getting child's custody w/o having a job and a house?
- Got right to residence but husband is physically abusive what to do