quesIs there limit to the number of companies i could register in my name?

I have set up a new business of online marketing services in Gurgaon. The chartered accountant we went to for registration, registered our company in Delhi. Then he registered it in Haryana with some changes in the spelling.

I want to know if tomorrow I go to some other CA to register my company with another name will there be any problem as earlier two companies are also registered under my name and the nature of business is same.

• ansUnder the Companies Act no two companies can be registered with the identical name to avoid confusion, however they may be registered with the similar name. But the decision to approve the same rests with the Registrar of Companies.

It is only if you intend to register the name of the company under the Trade Marks Act, then once registered, no other company with similar, identical or deceptively similar name would be registered either for the same or different goods and services, without the prior approval of the earlier registered user.