×

quesIs email communication a valid and acceptable document in the court?

I joined a startup 1 year back. I was promised 1% esops equity vested over a period of 4 years with 1 year cliff. This was sent on an email. Till date I'm not given esop legal papers. I plan to leave after completion of 1 year. My question is, is email communication from the founders enough to hold them acvountable through the courts at the time of sale of the company in case the founders don't keep their word? If not what is it I need to do now to ensure that I'm not cheated at the time of the sale if I decide to leave now?

• ansYes email communication is a valid form of communication and is acceptable in court of law.
    You can request them -- the Founders if they are working executive of the company or in the alternative to the Chief in writing requesting to give all the promised ESOPs and the manner the same shall vest in writing to you.
    If you need any assistance with it, please feel free to contact us.

Advocate Abheek Saha

Bytaranyapura, Bangalore