INCREMENT or Promotion for Maternity Duration?
Hi, I have availed maternity benefit for 5 months last year (feb till july). Recently the reviews were done in our company for last year (Jan to Dec). All the employees got increment. I feel I was due for promotion as I am oldest employee in team and my other team mate already got promotion when i was on maternity leaves (last year). I have not received any increment or promotion this year. Is it violation of Maternity Benefit act by my employer? Can i ask my employer for hike as it is done for all others.?
Yes, you can ask the employer for the hike, if they fail to give you the same you can file a complaint before the Laour Court and seek directions.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Land illegally occupied by a person What action can be taken
- Does sister hold equal right in property if father died before 2005
- Can interest benefit be claimed for rented property without any rent
- Is divorce not necessary if marriage not registered?
- How to safeguard myself from false criminal complaint of wife?