quesINCREMENT or Promotion for Maternity Duration?

Hi, I have availed maternity benefit for 5 months last year (feb till july). Recently the reviews were done in our company for last year (Jan to Dec). All the employees got increment. I feel I was due for promotion as I am oldest employee in team and my other team mate already got promotion when i was on maternity leaves (last year). I have not received any increment or promotion this year. Is it violation of Maternity Benefit act by my employer? Can i ask my employer for hike as it is done for all others.?

• ansYes, you can ask the employer for the hike, if they fail to give you the same you can file a complaint before the Laour Court and seek directions.