Difference between director and executive director?
What is the difference between an executive director and a non executive director of the company? What is the criteria for designating the director as the executive director?
An executive director is a member of the board of directors and an employee of the company. He/she will have a specific role such as finance director and as such be responsible for the day to day running of the company within his sphere.
A non-executive director is a member of the board who is not an employee but appointed for his/her expertise and takes a part in decision making at board meetings.
Sometimes non executive directors may get involved in such things as disciplinary hearings, especially for high ranking employees.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Can I sell gems there is no injection order from the court
- I paid 70k to my friend before 3 yrs now need to recover
- How can I claim share in my father's property
- Employer forced me to resign what can I do
- Wrong evaluation of answersheet can I go to the High Court for my case