Can partner of a Unregistered Partnership Company goto court of law?
I am 50% partner in a unregistered partnership Company, which has lent a property on rent to a Company where other partner is MD and CEO. The company has not paid rent for 3 years. Can I as partner of the firm, file a case in court of law ?IF so which court ?
Unregistered Partnerships are not eligible to sue as per section 69 of The Indian Partnership Act.
However, if you can provide certain details like who owns the property; was any rent agreement entered & registered at the time of tenancy; was the rent paid earlier and what action has been taken in past 3 years etc., I might be able to work out some way out for you.
Hope this satisfies your query. For any further clarification, please feel free to contact me.
Advocate Atit JainSector-31, Noida
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Got divorce but wife not leaving home
- Dispute on property within family members
- How to get interim maintenance from court?
- 498a case in Court. Within how much time can the case be closed?
- Shop purchased on partnership builder did not delivered the possession