quesCan partner of a Unregistered Partnership Company goto court of law?

I am 50% partner in a unregistered partnership Company, which has lent a property on rent to a Company where other partner is MD and CEO. The company has not paid rent for 3 years. Can I as partner of the firm, file a case in court of law ?IF so which court ?

  • ansUnregistered Partnerships are not eligible to sue as per section 69 of The Indian Partnership Act.
    However, if you can provide certain details like who owns the property; was any rent agreement entered & registered at the time of tenancy; was the rent paid earlier and what action has been taken in past 3 years etc., I might be able to work out some way out for you.
    Hope this satisfies your query. For any further clarification, please feel free to contact me.

    Advocate Atit Jain

      Sector-31, Noida

  • LawRato's corporate legal service package gets you top notch lawyers to guide you in all the legal proceedings at affordable cost
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Corporate lawyers in India

Similar questions

What is the difference between an executive director and a non executive director of the…

Hi, We had a company say XYZ pvt ltd registered in Faridabad. A Maruti Omni…

Hello, I am working on a startup and my product requires outsourcing. Therefore I got…

we r having partnership firm of 4 persons. one partner is making unjustifed demands, on…

Corporate Lawyers in India

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran

 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly