quesCan a director of co. represent own co. in a case?

I have completed LLB last 5 year ago. and I am one of the director of a Private Limited company which provided website development service. Recently one of my clients not paying the due invoice so I decided to file a case under section 468. Now my doubts is Can a Director be the Counsel of Petitioner of my Own Company?

• ansUnder rule 9 of section 1 to Part A which lays down the standards of etiquette and professional ethics for a lawyer, framed by Bar Council of India, a lawyer shall not hold brief for a company in which he is a director.

This rule does not apply to a member appearing as ??amicus curiae? or without a fee on behalf of the Bar Council, Incorporated Law Society or a Bar Association, in the present case since you are a director of company you cannot appear as its counsel .