×

quesI have developed a computer software how can I protect it

I have develop one computer software application for providing certain feature which is not published online. How can i protect it.

• ansIn India softwares are protected under copyright law. You may file copyright application for the same. Copyright application can be filed on the official website of copyright office.
    In case you require any assistance feel free to contact.

Advocate Abhishek Saini

Vivek Vihar, Delhi

• ansIndian patent law does not allow just a computer program alone to be patentable without any connection with hardware. However, it can be copyrighted by disclosing portion of the code, executables. Also, the user interface can also be protected by a separate copyright application. Also, proper protection of ip in service contracts is advised.

Advocate Anshul Goel

Bengali Market, Delhi

• ans As per WIPO generally accepted principle that computer programs should be protected by copyright, whereas apparatus using computer software or software-related inventions should be protected by patent. See a IP lawyer who know the international treaties , you can protect your software through copyright not by patent, if someone say no you can by patent than he/she misguiding you. See a IPR lawyer its subject of matter of expert and very few lawyers have expertise in such area. We are working with next ERP model based company which is tier 2 project in india after SAP and oracle, this ERP is one of india's first make in india project in tier 2, let us know if you like to meet us and take this forward.

Advocate Nischal Arvind Singh

Saket Court, Delhi

• ansYou can file a copyright application to protect the literary work in the source code of your software. The Copyright application can be filed for the layout and design of the software as well as for the source code of the software.

Advocate Nupur Kumar

Green Park Extn, Delhi

• ansYou should get it protected under Intellectual Property Rights of India. Option of getting it Patented is not available as per Indian laws but others laws are there to rescue you out of the situation which you have with yourself as of now.

Advocate Pulkit Prakash

Ramesh Nagar, Delhi