I have developed a computer software how can I protect it
I have develop one computer software application for providing certain feature which is not published online. How can i protect it.
In India softwares are protected under copyright law. You may file copyright application for the same. Copyright application can be filed on the official website of copyright office.
In case you require any assistance feel free to contact.
Advocate Abhishek SainiVivek Vihar, Delhi
Indian patent law does not allow just a computer program alone to be patentable without any connection with hardware. However, it can be copyrighted by disclosing portion of the code, executables. Also, the user interface can also be protected by a separate copyright application. Also, proper protection of ip in service contracts is advised.
Advocate Anshul GoelBengali Market, Delhi
As per WIPO generally accepted principle that computer programs should be protected by copyright, whereas apparatus using computer software or software-related inventions should be protected by patent. See a IP lawyer who know the international treaties , you can protect your software through copyright not by patent, if someone say no you can by patent than he/she misguiding you. See a IPR lawyer its subject of matter of expert and very few lawyers have expertise in such area. We are working with next ERP model based company which is tier 2 project in india after SAP and oracle, this ERP is one of india's first make in india project in tier 2, let us know if you like to meet us and take this forward.
Advocate Nischal Arvind SinghSaket Court, Delhi
You can file a copyright application to protect the literary work in the source code of your software. The Copyright application can be filed for the layout and design of the software as well as for the source code of the software.
Advocate Nupur KumarGreen Park Extn, Delhi
You should get it protected under Intellectual Property Rights of India. Option of getting it Patented is not available as per Indian laws but others laws are there to rescue you out of the situation which you have with yourself as of now.
Advocate Pulkit PrakashRamesh Nagar, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure for investment by NRI in a start up
- How to file divorce w/o wife's consent? She is influenced by in laws.
- Are rent agreement a valid address proof
- Society not giving me NOC. How to get share certificate transferred?
- How to respond to the version filed by opposite party