How to patent my business idea for designing? What else can be done?
I have a Business Idea that I need to patent. The idea is about Jewelry Designing. I am designing some gold jewelry as well and I want to protect it against people from copying my idea.
What all options do I have?
No idea can be patented. The business strategy, if written in the book form becomes the literary work which is protected under the Copy Right Act.
Patent is done either of the product or of the process, and as such a patent act is not applicable for protection of any idea.
Regarding the design of the jewellery, it can be protected under the Design Act.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- University not correcting in name in degree and mark sheet, advise.
- Possession of house for 50 years can I sell it
- Can we take future date from court if present date is not suitable
- Can I claim property rights after Divorce from my husband?
- Lend money to a friend how can I recover it