Can someone sue me for sharing information i learned from him?
Is it illegal to impart and share knowledge in my training institute that I had gained at another training institute some time ago. I used to work with a trainer in a private firm and after being inspired by him, I opened my own training institute where we train people on soft skills, personality development.
Can he sue me for this wherein I am just using the knowledge I gained at his institute and not their brand, content, etc.
It depends upon your contract with the training institute. Many a times these contracts specifically contain a clause which bars the employee from competing with the Company for a fixed period of time after termination of the contract.
If such a clause (non-compete clause) exists in your contract with the company where you were working then yes they can take legal action against you for damages, otherwise you are safe as you are not using their goodwill.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Possible to make entirely New Rental agreement with my old Tenant?
- Whether ex gratia can be forced to pay by employer
- what all legalities are required to set up commerce biz
- Release deed with brother in a joint property.
- Wanted advice on writ petition matter-temporary injunction