queswhat max compensation I can ask frm consumer forum for service failure

I am dish tv customer In first occasion They didnt give me full time i mean full number of days to what i paid for Second occations i mean second mth I didnt get full channels Third time again they deactivated my account before the time I have notified the co thru there website and thru email

So can i file three seperate case in consumer court what maximum amount in my above situation do u think i can claim in my application?

  • ans

    Award of compensation depends on several factors. There is no yardstick or schedule prescribed in the Consumer Protection Act . The quantum of compensation awarded varies from Forum to Forum for which it is necessary to know how the amount that you had paid as rental for each of the three months that you had paid for and effective service was not assessible to you.

    There are cases where the compensation awarded is reduced or enhanced in appeal. In most of the complaints it is the attitude of the presiding officer of the Forum matters. A subjective viewpoint plays a vital part in deciding the compensation.

    You include mental agony in the compensation for increasing you claim.

    Now regarding filing of the complaint. Only 1 complaint is to be filed there is no need to to file three separate complaints as the forum will club them together.

  • Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can airlines charge transaction fee, service fee for using their own website or app?
Hi, Builder is offering the possession after 3 years of agreed date but they have…
Can a forensic expert give his opinion as a evidence in medical negligence case?
i left fiitjee after 31 days and want refund but they are refusing as they…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly