×

quesUnable to get flight cancellation amount what can be done

Hi Team, We missed a flight to Indonesia recently due to personal issue & miscommunication from Agency.We contacted the travel agency to reschedule the flight and tour package but the Travel Agency did not assist on time in either flight rescheduling or hotel rescheduling citing no show policy and all cost has to be forfeited.The Flight information in emails had stated as refundable and asked for refund after cancellation,but declined by Travel Agency. Hotel was booked for 5 days and agency stats no show applicable for all 5 days.Bookings weredone online.Please advise further course of action.

• ansHi
    Dont trust the Travel agency, you can send a request notice to the hotel and the flight company requesting for rescheduling the hotel and flight accomodation, if they express inability to reschedule seek for refund, may be with 20% deductions, if they dont pay back the balance amount, then you can issue a legal notice to all the three, if they dont comply the demands then you can file a consumer case.
    Regards,
    Pratap, Adv

Advocate Pratap Kumar

Madiwala, Bangalore

• ansYou have to decide first whether you are ready to take up issue at court consumer / civil court/criminal court etc or otherwise there is no other option to suggest any thing else legally. Better I advice that you contact our office and meet with relevant documents in order to make useful result for you legally .OFC : pankaj Kumar ,Advocate

Advocate Pankaj Kumar

kaggadasapura, Bangalore

• ansDear Sir/Madam, you have to issue a legal notice to the said Travel Agency, if they failed to do so compliance of demand legal notice, afterwards you have to file petition before the jurisdictional consumer forum for claim your amount as well as compensation for the deficiency of service. If you want my legal service in this regard I will do it.

Advocate Chandrashekhar Vithal Jadhav

Kamakshipalya, Bangalore

• Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only