quesUnable to get flight cancellation amount what can be done

Hi Team, We missed a flight to Indonesia recently due to personal issue & miscommunication from Agency.We contacted the travel agency to reschedule the flight and tour package but the Travel Agency did not assist on time in either flight rescheduling or hotel rescheduling citing no show policy and all cost has to be forfeited.The Flight information in emails had stated as refundable and asked for refund after cancellation,but declined by Travel Agency. Hotel was booked for 5 days and agency stats no show applicable for all 5 days.Bookings weredone online.Please advise further course of action.

  • ansHi
    Dont trust the Travel agency, you can send a request notice to the hotel and the flight company requesting for rescheduling the hotel and flight accomodation, if they express inability to reschedule seek for refund, may be with 20% deductions, if they dont pay back the balance amount, then you can issue a legal notice to all the three, if they dont comply the demands then you can file a consumer case.
    Pratap, Adv

    Advocate Pratap Kumar

      Madiwala, Bangalore

  • ansYou have to decide first whether you are ready to take up issue at court consumer / civil court/criminal court etc or otherwise there is no other option to suggest any thing else legally. Better I advice that you contact our office and meet with relevant documents in order to make useful result for you legally .OFC : pankaj Kumar ,Advocate

    Advocate Pankaj Kumar

      kaggadasapura, Bangalore

  • ansDear Sir/Madam, you have to issue a legal notice to the said Travel Agency, if they failed to do so compliance of demand legal notice, afterwards you have to file petition before the jurisdictional consumer forum for claim your amount as well as compensation for the deficiency of service. If you want my legal service in this regard I will do it.

    Advocate Chandrashekhar Vithal Jadhav

      Kamakshipalya, Bangalore

  • Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

My wedding photographer didn't issued my wedding video after full payment, he didn't given any…
I had passed PGDPM from a Kolkata based institute in 2006. In prospectus it is…
i joined a course of duration of 6 months where i paid half fees of…

I have taken hotel membership from Club Group of hotels after paying Rs. 70,000/- for…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly