quesProcedure for filing a complaint in consumer court against a company?

I want to file a complaint in the consumer court against a mobile company. I bought a tablet from them 2 weeks back which had a manufacturing defect. I sent a lot of emails to which I was not reverted to. I even called them several times but I got no response.

The only option I see now is to file a complaint. Please tell me the procedure for filing the same in a consumer court.

Despite making a written compliant through emails if they do not rectify your problem than you can file a complaint under Consumer Protection Act 1986, with respect to the services that suffer from any deficiency.

The term deficiency has been defined under Section 2(1)(g) of the Act, which mean means any fault, imperfection, shortcoming or inadequacy in the quality, nature and manner of the performance which is required to be maintained by or under any law for the time being in force or has been undertaken to be performed by a person in pursuance of a contract or otherwise in relation to any service.

The deficiency may be in quality, nature or manner of performance:

1. Which is required to be maintained by or under any law for the time being in force.

2. Which has bee undertaken to be performed by a person in pursuance of a contract or otherwise in relation to any service.

The consumer complaint has to be filed in the district consumer court. You can claim damages as well as compensation from the court. 

With respect to the procedure for filing a consumer complaint, you can visit the following website:

which lists out the format for filing a consumer complaint.

Your complaint should be filed in the District Forum by payment of a fee and in writing with a minimum of 5 copies. It is further suggested that you engage an Advocate to represent your case in a better manner.