Possession delay due to faulty const. & withholding charges
I have a flat in daruhera from Vipul Group wherein due to faulty construction we have denied taking the possession and they have slapped the Withholding charges. There is no communication from the builder till date despite repeated requests. Please advise what to do.
The best remedy which is available in this case is approaching the Consumer forum, although you can also go to Competition Commission Of India(DLF case). In this case, two things needs to be examined carefully. Firstly the "Faulty construction" and secondly "Terms of the contract"(Brochure). If this withholdings charges are not governed by the contract then that is illegal. I would also like to know the detailed version of faulty construction. We have to establish in what sense the construction is faulty.
Firstly a legal notice will be sent to the builder and then a complaint under section 13 of the consumer protection act will be moved. The jurisdiction of the forum will depend upon the pecuniary damages suffered by the party.
Advocate Rahul KhandelwalDLF Phase- III, Gurgaon
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- partner is forcing me to return his full amount without any deduction
- Signed one year contract and left the company in two weeks
- Can i file a case if someone has hacked my whatsapp?
- Can lower court not follow the direction's of the high court?
- Builder sold illegal parking to me, not refunding the amount now