quesNo reply to complaints relating poor service by a company. What to do?

I am using Aircel postpaid connection which has no better service in terms of full network coverage and voice clarity. I lodged a complaint 3 months back and continuously taking follow up on my complaint but to no avail. I have option to port my number to other operators but I want to teach Aircel a lesson for causing me mental pain as well as monetary losses.

I want to know how can I start a legal battle against Aircel for the mental pain it caused to me. I want compensation from Aircel for their misconduct; please let me know what help you could be if I want to claim compensation.

First of all we suggest you to  make written complaint to the customer care of your mobile operator. Do not make any verbal complaints.

Despite making a written compliant if they do not rectify your problem than you can file a  complaint under Consumer Protection Act 1986, in respect of the services that suffer from any deficiency.

The term deficiency has been defined under Section 2(1)(g) of the Act, which mean means any fault, imperfection, shortcoming or inadequacy in the quality, nature and manner of the performance which is required to be maintained by or under any law for the time being in force or has been undertaken to be performed by a person in pursuance of a contract or otherwise in relation to any service.

The deficiency may be in quality, nature or manner of performance-

1.  Which is required to be maintained by or under any law for the time being in force.

2. Which has bee undertaken to be performed by a person in pursuance of a contract or otherwise in relation to any service.

The consumer complaint has to be filed in the district consumer court. You can claim damages as well as compensation from the court. 

With respect to the procedure for filing a consumer complaint, you can visit the following website:

which lists out the format for filing a consumer complaint.

Your complaint should be filed in the District Forum by payment of a fee and in writing with a minimum of 5 copies. It is further suggested that you engage an Advocate to represent your case in a better manner.