Invested in building project. Project cancelled. Money not refunded.
I am a retired, salaried Army officer. My wife invested in SKM Cambrian Forest, Sector-95, Gurgaon project. Booking: Rs 5,00,000/- on 29 Feb 2012; down payment: Rs 31,36,202/- on 01 Sep 2012. Receipt is held with me. Learnt in Apr 2013 that project has been shelved.
Since then efforts to get refund of investment have been in vain. In Dec 2013, SKM has stated desire to recommence project. It is apparently a lie. I want an immediate refund of my investment.
Since the builder has not delivered the project in time, as per the agreement, you can subject to the terms and conditions of the allotment / purchase, claim the amount you have already paid alongwith damages as enunciated therein, either in a consumer court or in a civil suit for recovery.
Moreover, you can file a case of fraud and misappropriation of money with the Economic Offence Wing.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to initiate proceedings in case of cheque bounce
- Interest u/s220(2) of the Income Tax Act , 1961 can it be waived?
- When injunction is in force other party trying to enter
- Son co-applicant in property purchased can i sell it without his sign
- Can I file for divorce if wife is have extra marital affair