quesHow to safeguard myself from freelancer who's asking advance for work?

I wish to get some work done from a freelance agent. I am currently based in noida and her is from another state. My query is that as he is asking for advance, can an email from him for accepting the work and delivering it in time would be admissible if he doesn't complete the work in time? Or should i get it in written?

• ansAn acknowledgment email from the freelance agent will be valid if he doesn't fulfill the work as promised.

Further we also suggest get a proposal  similar to an agreement,wherein you can define the scope of services and timeline for deliverables.