How to protect myself from a harassing seller who threatens me?
I ordered a dress online from a Facebook Page, wherein there was a delay in delivery and now, when the supplier lady is calling me, I told her that I am out of money and will buy it once I get my next month's salary.
But she is now harrasing me saying that her husband will come to collect money and all. She is also abusing me and calling me again and again. First, the delay was from her end and when once I received it, there was quality issue and I returned the same. But now she is forcing me by calling me at Mid Night and even her husband calls me.
She is threatening me that her husband is in the Times of India and I will be in trouble. Help me please.
We suggest that you should approach the nearest Police Station and register a complaint against her and her husband for criminal intimidation under Section 506 of the Indian Penal Code.
You should file a written complaint addressed to the SHO, clearly explaining the facts of the case and requesting the police to take necessary action.
Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to transfer the case from one court to another
- How is the property distributed among legal heirs after father's death
- Can I file FIR on behalf of someone else
- Documents required for purchase of flat in co-operative society
- Gap between GPA and Sale deed of 18 years should I buy property?