quesHow can I claim for being charged more than the printed price

Yesterday, i went to a eatery and was charged 13 rs over the mrp printed on bottle. i have taken photos of each of them. On top of that, they did not even tell that the water was to be bought. I enquired why i was not informed that it was chargable, and then the waiter told me that i should have asked. Funny thing is that, the water bottles are kept on the table without an information that it was chargable.

  • ansUnder the Consumer Protection Act, if a trader or service provider has charged for the goods or for the service a price in excess of the price displayed on the goods or any package containing such goods, the consumer can file a complaint.

    You can file a complaint before the appropriate District Consumer, if you are going to seek as compensation less than Rs.25 lakh.

    Advocate Arun Shabari KR

      Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai

  • Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

The Developer now refuses to execute Development agreement based on the tender conditions and wants…

I had ordered wooden sofa on 17/1/2015 with an advance payment. The delivery date committed…

I am representing my case at district forums by myself, I am not getting justice.…
can any chit fund company ask for blank cheque is this legal can they ask…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly