How can I claim for being charged more than the printed price
Yesterday, i went to a eatery and was charged 13 rs over the mrp printed on bottle. i have taken photos of each of them. On top of that, they did not even tell that the water was to be bought. I enquired why i was not informed that it was chargable, and then the waiter told me that i should have asked. Funny thing is that, the water bottles are kept on the table without an information that it was chargable.
Under the Consumer Protection Act, if a trader or service provider has charged for the goods or for the service a price in excess of the price displayed on the goods or any package containing such goods, the consumer can file a complaint.
You can file a complaint before the appropriate District Consumer, if you are going to seek as compensation less than Rs.25 lakh.
Advocate Arun Shabari KRThiruvanmiyur, Chennai
Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the law according to the new Benami Act
- How to get khata done for a property
- How to claim share in Father's property
- Can father give grandfather's property to his brother? What our share?
- Agent forged the signatures, what can be done please suggest ?