Heavy flight reschedule charges when the request was made in 3 hours
4 Air India domestic flights were booked by me on 19 Aug. A round trip for two from Hyderabad to Delhi via AkbarTravels.com. Travel dates were of Nov end, more than 3 months away. Within 3 hours of booking I realized that I got the booking dates wrong. They were supposed to be a week later. So right away I called Air India and AkbarTravels and asked for a reschedule with the same Airline. I was shocked to know that I have to pay Rs 7600 for all 4 flights, which is almost 50% of the price of the tickets. A no. of international and some domestic flights charge nothing for reschedule within 24hr
You can send a legal notice through an advocate to the company for the same as it is quite an arbitrary rule causing harassment to the customers.
You can after fifteen days of sending the legal notice can file a consumer complaint for such an irrational term implied on customers and deficient service.
However it is very important to go through the terms and conditions of rescheduling of tickets in AkbarTravels.com.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Right to sell of co-owner after the first owners death
- Insurance company denying claim for surgery
- Father sold his share to uncle can I claim share in property
- What papers should I check before purchasing property
- Can i request the court for a speedy trial