quesGoods damaged my packers and movers, what can be done

I had booked DHL Expert Packers and Movers to relocate my goods from Chennai to Ghaziabad along with my car. The goods have come damaged and there was no insurance they did the insurance only when I reported damage. Secondly they promised to bring the car in a container but they drove it all way through and over and above the ideal kilometers. There were serious damage to the car including scratches.

• ansYou can prefer compensation from consumer forum under consumer protection act, 1986. However it is upto you to go ahead as if the damage is not too much than I would advice you to fore go as much amount will get spend in litigation.

Advocate Rohit Kumar Singh

• ansMovers to relocate my goods from Chennai to Ghaziabad along with my car. The goods have come damaged and there was no insurance they did the insurance only when I reported damage. Secondly they promised to bring the car in a container but they drove it all way through and over and above the ideal kilometers. There were serious damage to the car including scratches.

Advocate Harsh Vardhan Singh

Indira Nagar, Lucknow

• ansOn the face of it, looks like a fit case of deficiency of service for which consumer forum can approached. Appropriate legal advice and available recourses can be suggested upon reviewing the details and documents.

Advocate Subhash Bhutoria

Tis Hazari Courts, Delhi

• ansDear Sir,

Your complaint makes it clear that the Packers and movers grossly lagged in providing the services that they had promised. It is therefore strongly advised that you send out a legal notice to them giving each and every detail of the damage, as well as their promise. Also state in your notice that they had taken the amount for providing the service of transportation but have provided the services in very negligent and careless manner. I am sure that the packers and movers will not respond to the legal notice, whereafter you will have to move to the local consumer court seeking damages.

thanks

Advocate Samanvya Dhar Dwivedi

Sector-I, Lucknow

• Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only