Goods damaged my packers and movers, what can be done
I had booked DHL Expert Packers and Movers to relocate my goods from Chennai to Ghaziabad along with my car. The goods have come damaged and there was no insurance they did the insurance only when I reported damage. Secondly they promised to bring the car in a container but they drove it all way through and over and above the ideal kilometers. There were serious damage to the car including scratches.
You can prefer compensation from consumer forum under consumer protection act, 1986. However it is upto you to go ahead as if the damage is not too much than I would advice you to fore go as much amount will get spend in litigation.
Advocate Rohit Kumar SinghSector 40, Noida
Movers to relocate my goods from Chennai to Ghaziabad along with my car. The goods have come damaged and there was no insurance they did the insurance only when I reported damage. Secondly they promised to bring the car in a container but they drove it all way through and over and above the ideal kilometers. There were serious damage to the car including scratches.
Advocate Harsh Vardhan SinghIndira Nagar, Lucknow
On the face of it, looks like a fit case of deficiency of service for which consumer forum can approached. Appropriate legal advice and available recourses can be suggested upon reviewing the details and documents.
Advocate Subhash BhutoriaTis Hazari Courts, Delhi
Your complaint makes it clear that the Packers and movers grossly lagged in providing the services that they had promised. It is therefore strongly advised that you send out a legal notice to them giving each and every detail of the damage, as well as their promise. Also state in your notice that they had taken the amount for providing the service of transportation but have provided the services in very negligent and careless manner. I am sure that the packers and movers will not respond to the legal notice, whereafter you will have to move to the local consumer court seeking damages.
Advocate Samanvya Dhar DwivediSector-I, Lucknow
Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I do business and job side by side?
- Failed to pay EMI and the company has sent legal notice
- Am I liable to pay maintenance charges on vacating the property?
- Wife left matrimonial home on what grounds can i apply for divorce
- Procedure to register a flat, if landowner are delaying the matter?