×

quesDoes written submission submitted in case form part of pleadings?

Does written submissions/arguments submitted in consumer case form part of the pleadings? As per my understanding, pleadings are complete when evidences are given and written submission are only to assist the commission in writing judgment. So in case a party takes a new stand in written submissions which he has not taken earlier till evidences, will it survive? Any case law clarifying the situation.

Yes, you have rightly said pleadings are complete when evidences are given and written submission are only to assist the commission in writing judgment.

The new stand cannot be taken in written submission and same can be taken in form of additional short affidavit.

• Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only