Compensation and exchange of mobile handset not done.
I have won a case which i lodged with a district consumer forum, against a mobile phone company (karbonn) last month. the court has directed karbonn mobiles to replace my mobile phone handset along with a compensation of rs. 2500/- within one month i.e. before 14th april, 2014. but the company neither contacted me nor replace the handset so far. i have got in touch with one of their representative who represented the case in the court, two days back. he asked me to submit my mobile phone handset with their service center to get the replacement and the compensation. kindly advise me, whether i need to submit the handset with their service center to get the compensation and for a replacement of the mobile handset.
Yes, you need to submit your hand set to their service centre along with covering letter enclosing copy of court order. The company will forward you new hand set with compensation amount awarded by court.
Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Unable to adjust with husband and in-laws, want divorce
- What are the mandatory working hours in a private limited company
- Company delaying the payment after cheque bounce what to do?
- Took loan from bank ready to pay but bank is asking to pay more amount
- Annoyed by noise of the factory what to do