Can we complaint in consumer court for bad behavior of bank staff?
I want to file a case in the consumer forum against the uncivilized behavior of HDFC staff against me. I had taken a loan from HDFC bank last year and I have been regular in repaying my EMI for the past 9 months. But since the last 2 months I was not able to pay this amount and I had requested the concerned person in the branch that the pending amount will be paid in the next month.
But this lady from the bank who had been tracking me on and off called me one day and started abusing. In return I abused back. I have a recording of the same with me and I want to file a case against them.
You can file a criminal complaint and registered an FIR U/s 506 IPC for criminal intimidation against the bank. They cannot threat you or abuse you like this. At best they can initiate a civil suit against you.
The option available to you is of filing a consumer case against the bank. This consumer complaint has to be filed in the district consumer court. You can claim damages as well as compensation from the civil court.
With respect to the procedure for filing a consumer complaint, you can visit the website which lists out the format for filing a consumer complaint. Your complaint has to be filed in the District Forum by payment of a fee and in writing with a minimum of 5 copies.
However, it is suggested that you engage an Advocate to represent your case in a better manner.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Information About F.I.R And Case Speedup
- Cheated by an advocate. Not wiling to return money now. What to do?
- How can I claim my grandfather property
- Affair with a married man now denying to take my responsibility
- Woman born and married prior to 1956 is eligible to claim property ?