quesbuilder is not giving possession instead given full and final payment

dear sir, i purchased i flat from mahagun in crossing republic for rs.1.12 crore and paid fully from my self and from bank loan .The builder is demanding interest as well as handling charges which he didn't mention at the time of purchase and making payments. He is now give me notice of cancellation if i don't make payment of their demand by 30th July 2015 . I am making regular installments to the bank and not enjoying my property. The amount they are demanding is about 12 lacs .Now what can i do ,is any relief can i get from court of law especially from consumer court ,what will be the fees.

  • ansYou must file a complaint against the builder with the National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission (NCDRC) for stay and also for damages on the account of deficiency in service and mental agony.
    For the demand of 12 lacs as mentioned, the documents has to be seen to verify whether a clause about additional cost was there in the contract or not.

    Advocate Ankit Mahajan

      District Court, Tis Hazari, Delhi

  • ansDear Sir,

    Before arriving at a solution it is very important to go through the agreement signed between you and the builder. Sometimes there are charges which are not mentioned or disclosed to the consumer at the time of purchase but they do find a mention in the agreement signed . Therefore, it is important to go through the agreement thoroughly before approaching the courts. In case what you say is the true situation remedies under the consumer law as well as under law of contracts is available to you .

    Even if such clauses justifying the charges are there in the agreement signed between you and the builder you can still approach the courts on other grounds depending upon the facts and circumstances of the case.

    The fee can only be discussed after seeing the documents.

    Advocate Sonia Saini

      Dwarka, Delhi

  • ansDoes your initial contract with the builder make any reference to handling charges? What is the interest for? You need to have your agreement reviewed by a lawyer and then file a case in the consumer forum. Fees can be discussed when we set up the first meeting.

    Advocate Dhruv Suri

      Barakhamba Road, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have to send legal notice to builder who cheated many buyers. No construction for…
I want to complaint against Reliance Jio Company for not providing Complete Resolution Service within…
Can I report a systematically driven multifaceted series of financial scams going on in a…
I am a 2008-2012 batch engineering student. My Nov 2015 exam result was displayed on…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly