Builder forfeiting booking amount as per agreement clause. What to do?
I booked a flat with a builder. The bank did not approve the loan for the same. THe booking amount for the same was 1.72 lakhs. In the builder buyer agreement there was a clause that if i cancel the booking for any reason the booking amount won't be refunded. What should i do in such a case?
To our understanding, it is very important to go through the clause of cancellation of the builder and buyer agreement.
And where there is a clause that explicitly makes it clear that upon cancellation, booking amount won't be refunded which is in fact your case, then you are bound by this clause and would not get your booking amount back.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- I have signed an employment bond for 1 year but want to leave
- I applied for a/c opening in bank and still not opened after 1 month
- Partnership Agreement for School. How can i safeguard my interest?
- Husband kept children in US and sent wife back to India. What to do?
- What is process of partition of property