Builder demanding interest for delay payment
I did the agreement to sale on 13th Feb. There was clause that if remaining amount not paid within 21 days, I will have to pay 18% interest. I applied for home loan in SBI and the amount disbursed on 16th Apr by SBI. Now builder (actually sales agent) demanding 65000 as penalty. He is not ready to talk or negotiate. How should I proceed? 1. NOC from builder was submitted in bank on 29th Feb 2. Builder said 55000 is interest for delay and 10000 is fee of home loan agent 3. Builder has not sent any demand letter mentioning interest for delay
If you had agreed with the terms that in case you delay in paying the amount you shall pay interest at 18% then you have to pay, however if no demand notice is addressed by builder then sit quiet till the time he sends so...(THIS IS THE SITUATION WHERE YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY) and 2nd thing about 10k as home loan agent it should be none of your business if you had not agreed to it while opting for loan. basically your not required to pay for home loan agent. The builder may negotiate the amount later on
Advocate Pankaj KandhariFort, Mumbai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 500 - Punishment for defamation
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Possible legal action against my son-in-law for harassing my daughter?
- Brother filed a title suit on father's property
- How to stop a soap factory from operating in a residential area
- Harassment by In Laws want sister to come home with child custody
- My wife is planning second marriage How can I stop her from doing it