builder delayed possession of flat- wants compensation
Sir, I bought a flat in Bangalore and was promised by builder to give possession in July'2014. But now apparently he will be able to give possession in April'14 only. So there is a delay of 9 months from his side in giving possession. However, he has not added a penalty clause in the agreement for the delayed possession. Being the first time buyer I somehow missed it. So my question is that could I ask him for any compensation towards late possession when I do not have a penalty clause in my agreement?
Is that my legal right in that case? Please help.
Generally in construction of buildings delays are common as builder has to obtain over 100 approvals. You would be entitled to claim compensation if there is a clause in contract.
In case there is no such clause builder will refuse to pay. What you can do in such a situation is take possession of flat. Then move consumer forum for deficiency in service against the builder and seek compensation from him for the delay of possession
Related IPC Sections
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- womens right on fathers property
- Father in law have filed an application demanding custody of child
- Interest u/s220(2) of the Income Tax Act , 1961 can it be waived?
- Tenant not paying rent how can I evict him or make him pay rent
- To we have to pay any property tax on the remaining amount