quesbuilder delayed possession of flat- wants compensation

Sir, I bought a flat in Bangalore and was promised by builder to give possession in July'2014. But now apparently he will be able to give possession in April'14 only. So there is a delay of 9 months from his side in giving possession. However, he has not added a penalty clause in the agreement for the delayed possession. Being the first time buyer I somehow missed it. So my question is that could I ask him for any compensation towards late possession when I do not have a penalty clause in my agreement?

Is that my legal right in that case? Please help.

  • ansGenerally in construction of buildings delays are common as builder has to obtain over 100 approvals. You would be entitled to claim compensation if there is a clause in contract.

    In case there is no such clause builder will refuse to pay. What you can do in such a situation is take possession of flat. Then move consumer forum for deficiency in service against the builder and seek compensation from him for the delay of possession

  • Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

I bought a flat in 2012. He was supposed to give the possession of the…

My Inlaws have booked a flat and paid Rs. 5 lakhs as booking amount. Later…

i am suffering from vodafone bill payment which is already done through paytm but vodafone…

I placed order to purchase some product from YesStyle.Com. Order no. 8500832 and made Payment…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly