Builder asking for 10% amount to cancel the booking. What to do?
I made a booking with a builder and signed the agreement. Now i want to cancel the booking. Now the builder is asking to pay 10% of the flat amount to cancel the booking. Is it legal? Can i do it?
It would be better if you show your documents first though amount can be demanded on the initial deposit only but in order to have more concrete opinion I would advise you to show the copy of the agreement first..
Advocate Ankur AggarwalUday Park, Delhi
You will have to review the terms of the agreement that you had signed with the builder. That said, such terms are extremely onerous and should be challenged in court. Request you to meet a lawyer and discuss your case.
Advocate Dhruv SuriBarakhamba Road, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i file a cheque bounce case against online shopping merchant
- Legalities to open a portal for govt job listings and applications
- Purchased land in 2005 filed case now is it barred by limitation
- Father owned property rights issue as uncle claiming ownership in it
- stay order on property- process