Builder asking for 10% amount to cancel the booking. What to do?
I made a booking with a builder and signed the agreement. Now i want to cancel the booking. Now the builder is asking to pay 10% of the flat amount to cancel the booking. Is it legal? Can i do it?
It would be better if you show your documents first though amount can be demanded on the initial deposit only but in order to have more concrete opinion I would advise you to show the copy of the agreement first..
Advocate Ankur AggarwalUday Park, Delhi
You will have to review the terms of the agreement that you had signed with the builder. That said, such terms are extremely onerous and should be challenged in court. Request you to meet a lawyer and discuss your case.
Advocate Dhruv SuriBarakhamba Road, Delhi
Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is there any reservation for promotion in central government
- Will registered but uncle was not in contact for long can he claim
- Marriage postponed by girl's parents. Only engagement done. What to do
- Movers and packers damaged the goods, how to get compensation
- Second marriage done to help friend wife filed bigamy what can be done