quesbreach of contract by SBI in auto loan.demanding higher EMI after 02yr

can a bank after 02yrs of regular EMI payment suddenly demand higher EMI with outstanding dues and accrued interest stating the previous EMI as in the Letter of Arrangement was 'erroneously" fixed?what protection i have against such illegal demand of higher emi and outstanding demand.paid all emis regularly till date

  • ansHi,

    Bank certainly cannot ask for greater EMI until and unless you have agreed for it and the remedy against the same lies with Banks Ombudsman at RBI office. You can file a complaint with Banks Ombudsman at RBI office.

    Advocate Ankur Aggarwal

      Uday Park, Delhi

  • ansThe bank cannot do this. You can file a complaint before the consumer forum. Consult a lawyer at the earliest before penalties are imposed against you by the bank.

    Advocate Dhruv Suri

      Barakhamba Road, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have taken a personal loan from a bank. I have an email confirmation from…
I bought a used smartphone through Quikr,unfortunately without buyer protection,from an individual.During purchase,everything was working…
sir, i have paid 55000 ruppes of fees to the private coaching classes, i have…
I hv bought a water purifier from Aquaguard dealer ,and the company given 1year warranty...but…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly