Bought a bottle from a shop. Got a dead fly in it. Where to complain?
I purchased a bottle of seagram's royal stag premium whisky from a wine shop. Upon opening it i found a dead fly inside the contents of whisky bottle. Please suggest what legal remedies are available to me ?
in this given situation it is fault of service provider he duty bound to provide you product up to market standard therefore you can go for replacement and for compensation in local consumer redressal forum against the manufacturer company for their fault. beside you can file complaint to the approval authority for selling contaminated and substandard material in the market.
Advocate Yogesh Kumar VidyakarDistrict Court, Dwarka, Delhi
Your legal remedy will trigger if you consumed the soda and suffered some bodily harm/disease. Just by virtue of identifying the fly, you will be entitled to the cost of the whiskey bottle and marginal compensation (maybe INR 1000 or so), if at all the case is filed before the consumer forum and an order is passed. As long as you are safe, my suggestion would be to read to the manufacturer and let them know.
Advocate Dhruv SuriBarakhamba Road, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What action can i take if husband has left and staying somewhere else
- Director of the company how can I resign
- Sexual harassment at work place, what can be done
- Can i file complaint against my girlfriend if she refuses to marry me
- Disposition of ownerless property by a tenant