Bill from tata docomo beyond credit limit. Where can i complain?
I am a tata docomo 3g postpaid user (Rs. 1250 with a credit limit of Rs. 5400) Recently on a trip to Gurgaon, i got a bill of Rs. 33,500. On contacting customer care, i found i was charged 10paisa/10kb because docomo doesn't have 3g in that area. After mailing their appellate, i got a reply from them appellate stating that the 33,500 bill is fair according to their policy (they monitor usage for 3 days and then block) and i should pay up in order to avoid legal proceedings. They are ready to give me a discount of 40% but i don't think i should be charged beyond credit limit.
This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.
File a complaint before District Consumer forum of your District.
Advocate Vivek NasaGurgaon District Court, Gurgaon
The company is clearly negligent on their part, although it also depends on the form which you have signed at the time of taking the connection. You first need to get a postpaid form from a vendor, go through that form and look for this clause in the form. The reason for this exercise is, if they have mentioned this clause in the form and you have signed it then we will deal with this case in a different manner and if you didn't then in another manner. Also the company should have intimated you about this non availability of their service in Gurgaon, so that you would have moulded the plan accordingly. The legal action would be first sending a legal notice to them asking them to solve your query in 30 days otherwise a complaint would be filed under section 13 of the Consumer Protection Act.
Advocate Rahul KhandelwalDLF Phase- III, Gurgaon
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Call centre agent of bookmyshow abused me over the phone what to do
- Is stamp duty payable on probating a will
- Police illegally trying to vacate the property and filed false FIR
- Company took original certificate on joining. How to get them back?
- If time expires to file 2nd motion, do we need to start divorce again?