Bill from tata docomo beyond credit limit. Where can i complain?
I am a tata docomo 3g postpaid user (Rs. 1250 with a credit limit of Rs. 5400) Recently on a trip to Gurgaon, i got a bill of Rs. 33,500. On contacting customer care, i found i was charged 10paisa/10kb because docomo doesn't have 3g in that area. After mailing their appellate, i got a reply from them appellate stating that the 33,500 bill is fair according to their policy (they monitor usage for 3 days and then block) and i should pay up in order to avoid legal proceedings. They are ready to give me a discount of 40% but i don't think i should be charged beyond credit limit.
File a complaint before District Consumer forum of your District.
Advocate Vivek NasaGurgaon District Court, Gurgaon
The company is clearly negligent on their part, although it also depends on the form which you have signed at the time of taking the connection. You first need to get a postpaid form from a vendor, go through that form and look for this clause in the form. The reason for this exercise is, if they have mentioned this clause in the form and you have signed it then we will deal with this case in a different manner and if you didn't then in another manner. Also the company should have intimated you about this non availability of their service in Gurgaon, so that you would have moulded the plan accordingly. The legal action would be first sending a legal notice to them asking them to solve your query in 30 days otherwise a complaint would be filed under section 13 of the Consumer Protection Act.
Advocate Rahul KhandelwalDLF Phase- III, Gurgaon
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- In laws forcing for dowry what legal action can I take
- Use of bilingual language in court?
- HR dept refusing to give evidence to me and committee asking for it
- Bank issue e-auction letter under rule 8(5), 9(1) and 13(4).
- fraud and cheating by mobile number where can i register FIR